Credentials & Affiliates
It’s not easy to become or remain a registered and licensed education provider in Canada; the rules and regulations are strict, precise and designed to protect you, the student. We are proud to have held up to these standards since 1996.
Our business, instructional and evaluative methods have been reviewed and approved many times over, by various regulatory bodies, so that the Centre for Distance Education is:
- Certified by NSF for its quality management system;
- registered with the Department of Labour and Advanced Education under the Private Career Colleges Regulation act;
- an award-winning member of the Cape Breton Regional Chamber of Commerce;
- a Better Business Bureau accredited business;
- registered with the National Association of Career Colleges;
- registered with the Private College Association of Nova Scotia;
- a Certiport authorized testing center; and
- offering a CHIMA-accredited Health Information Management program
As part of the government registration process, each of our programs must go through two industry reviews before we are allowed to offer them. This means that two companies who specialize in the trade we’re offering must review the program and sign a form that says that yes, it is suitable for the industry and yes, they’d hire a graduate of this program.
We have been continuously developing new programs to keep up with the changing demands of the workplace and to give our students an edge in an increasingly competitive job market.
We continually invest resources to complete research projects that help us provide the most current programs and technology. This includes working with educators from public institutions such as universities to develop new teaching methods that are specific to the adult learner.
Affiliates in Education
We could never have become the best at what we do without some help. Below is our distinguished cast of collaborators: